As Halloween approaches, it’s essential to be vigilant about the safety of your children’s candy. In this high-alert news report from 9 News, we learn about the alarming dangers of marijuana edibles getting mixed up with kids’ Halloween treats. St. Louis Children’s Hospital officials are issuing a warning, as some children have ended up in the emergency room or even intensive care after accidentally ingesting these deceptive edibles.
The packaging of marijuana edibles can easily be mistaken for innocent candy, such as brownies or cookies, making it a serious concern for parents and guardians. Dr. Lindsay Clukies, a Washington University emergency medicine physician, emphasizes that symptoms might not manifest immediately, leaving kids lethargic, confused, or, in severe cases, experiencing seizures or breathing difficulties.
This news report serves as a crucial reminder for adults to remain vigilant and safeguard their children during Halloween festivities. Stay informed and ensure a safe and enjoyable Halloween for everyone. Share this video to raise awareness about the potential dangers of marijuana edibles during the holiday season.