With the weekend FINALLY here we can start to relax and possibly enjoy a few adult beverages. In the spirit of things, check out these two easy recipes for infusing either rum or vodka to make your own weed infused cocktails for your next happy hour or party! Since both liquors are very versatile when it comes to how they can be used to make a drink, you can have plenty of fun experimenting with all sorts of different combinations.
However you’ll want to be careful how much cannabis you use because it can lead to drinks that could literally knock you on your ass. With that being said, please make sure that you enjoy your cannabis cocktails responsibly!
You can use this easy cannabis rum recipe for pina coladas, daiquiris, rum punch or even just straight up! Whether you’re relaxing by the pool or planning your next voyage on the high seas, everything is better with a little rum!
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the weed you are going to use in the oven at 175 F for three minutes. This helps activate the THC in the cannabis that will be infused.
- Steep the marijuana buds in your preferred rum for at least four days, ensuring to shake the concoction well every day.
- On the fourth day you will need to boil a large pot of water.
- Once it has reached boiling temperature, turn off your burner and place the bottle of your cannabis rum inside.
- Let the bottle sit on the hot water for thirty minutes, which will allow for the THC to be activated in the rum.
- Lastly, pour the rum through a strainer and discard all of the unwanted pieces of rum soaked weed.
Weed vodka is made in the same way as cannabis rum, by first baking your buds, steeping them for four days (making sure to shake well each day), then placing the solution in boiling water for half an hour to activate its THC content. We’ve got two versions of the classic vodka martini for folks to enjoy once five PM rolls around.
Standard Weed Vodka Martini-
1. Combine your weed vodka and preferred brand of dry vermouth in a cocktail mixing glass.
2. Fill with ice and stir until chilled.
3. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish with three olives on a toothpick.
Weed Vodka Dirty Martini-
1. Pour the weed vodka, dry vermouth and olive brine into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake well.
2. Rub the rim of a martini glass with the wedge of lemon (optional).
3. Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glass and add the olives (use as many as you’d like).
Cannabis infused drinks and edibles are becoming more and more popular to the point where some major brewers are getting in on the action. It probably won’t be long before some places have sections devoted to weed infused booze! Have you ever tried cannabis infused alcoholic drinks before? Do you have any recipes that you’d like to share?