Nevada has been one of the leading states when it comes to the legalization of marijuana. Other than California, Colorado and Washington who started the trend of legalizing cannabis, Nevada has been right behind them.
All dispensaries in Nevada are currently operating as delivery only until Governor Sisolak removes the ban on non-essential business. The ban started on March 17th and will last for 30 days due to the COVID-19 outbreak, unless the Governor decides to lengthen the ban.
Nevada King of Regulation
Nevada is very good at regulating things, that’s just a fact. Whether you’re talking about gambling, alcohol or prostitution, Nevada has got it covered, so it was no surprise that cannabis has been added to that list. The cannabis industry has been thriving for 5 years now as medical dispensaries opened in 2015 and by 2017 recreational cannabis had swept the silver state.
Nevada was the first state to implement strict testing rules including mandatory microbial, pesticide, terpene, cannabinoid, heavy metal, and mycotoxin testing. Washington and Colorado have yet to implement several of these tests. In fact, these states mainly just focus on cannabinoids and microbials when it comes to testing.
COVID-19 Hits Nevada
Nevada has once again become a leader of the pack when it comes to legal cannabis. Amid the COVID-19 outbreak Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak has implemented all non-essential business to close their doors to prevent people gathering in large crowds. At first this was a recommendation by the governor, but days later Sisolak made it illegal for any non-essential business to operate for 30 days which started March 17th.
At first cannabis dispensaries thought they were deemed essential and would be allowed to keep operating, but after further review they were forced to close their doors to the public and move to delivery only. Some dispensaries have partnered with Blackbird which is a popular distribution company to deliver their product to customers.
Some dispensaries have their own distribution license which allows them to deliver products to customers. Other dispensaries have been forced to close their doors all together and are currently not operating at all. This has sent shockwaves through the cannabis industry and has caused several people to lose their jobs.
The Other Guys
Cultivation’s, productions and testing labs have received permission to remain open during this 30 day lock down as long as they follow proper social distancing rules which include wearing masks, gloves, staying clean with alcohol and staying at least 6ft apart from other workers.
Here is a full list of what dispensaries are offering delivery services and what dispensaries are completely closed:
- The Dispensary Henderson, Top Notch, Inyo, Jennys, & Showgrow has started delivery.
Drive Thru Open
- NUWU | Drive thru open 24hrs for both locations! Suggested to make your order before going!
Open for Delivery
- Planet 13 | Delivery | 24/7
- Thrive | Delivery | 24/7
- Nuleaf | Delivery | 24 hours
- Showgrow | Delivery | No details
- Jennys | Delivery | 8am -8pm | call to place order (702) 718-0420
- Inyo | Delivery | 9am – 6pm
- Top Notch | Delivery via Weedmaps | 8am – 2pm
- The Dispensary Henderson | Delivery | 8am – ?
- Oasis | Delivery via Blackbird for next day delivery | 7am – 10pm
- Apothecarium | Delivery | 10am – 6pm
- Euphoria | Delivery | 8am – 11pm
- Jardin | Delivery | 9:30am – 10:30pm
- Silver Sage | Delivery | 10am – 7pm
- Cultivate | Delivery via Blackbird for next day delivery | 10am – 7pm
- The Apothecary Shoppe | Call in for delivery (702) 740-4372 | 9am – 9pm
- Pisos | Delivery | 10am-12am
- Essence | Delivery | 10am-7pm via Blackbird next day delivery
- Las Vegas Releaf | Delivery | 9am – 10pm
- Blum | Delivery | 9am – 7pm
- The Grove | Delivery | 9am – 9pm
- The Source Las Vegas | Delivery Vegas Location only | 10am – 7pm
- Sahara Wellness | Deliveries through weedmaps only | 8am-11:00pm
- The Dispensary (West) | Closed until further notice
- The Source Henderson | Closed
- Curaleaf | Closed
- Reef | Closed
- MMJ America | Closed
- Zen Leaf | Closed
- Acres/ Curaleaf | closed until further notice
If you do decide to use one of these delivery services to get cannabis delivered to your home be patient. Word on the street is that these deliveries are taking anywhere from 24 – 72 hours which is a long time. Dispensaries are working as hard as they can to get products to their customers so be mindful of the situation and don’t expect same day delivery.
We are currently living in crazy times with this COVID-19 outbreak and life truly feels like a movie. Remember to be safe out there and stay home as much as possible. This virus is very serious and going out isn’t worth risking your life and the lives of others. Do the right thing and stay at home.